I can’t imagine life without my iPhone especially after learning about these tips:
1. Tapping on the address in your contacts opens it up in Google maps.
2. Stop an incoming call from ringing, press sleep/wake button. Send a call directly to Voicemail,press the sleep/ wake button twice.
3. You can use the iPod feature on your iPhone while its locked (black screen), tap home button 3 times, play menu will appear.
4. For quick punctuation: press & hold the“123″ button,slide your finger over desired punctuation button. It will be inserted when you release the button.
5. To dismiss the keyboard suggested spelling of a word, tap on the “x” button at the end of the word.
6. To send the URL of a Web page you’re viewing to a friend, tap Address Bar, then tap +. A new email message w/ URL will open.
7. To take a screen shot, press the HOME and SLEEP/WAKE button at the same time. Shot will be in Photos folder.
8. To save an image from a web page or email. Tap & hold image for 2-3 second ,a dialogue will slide up to save to your camera roll.
9. CAPS LOCK double click shift key. Make sure Enable Caps Lock is turned on in Settings>General>Keyboard
10. Tapping the status bar (touch the clock on top) in most apps will take you directly to the top of list/page, no more scrolling.
11. To place a period @ the end of a sentence tap the space bar twice
12. To make the .com .net .org .edu dialogue appear in the TO: line of a mail message hold the . (period) for 2 seconds
13. Hold down the .com key for .net, .edu, .org keys.Slide your finger from .com to .net/.edu/.org, rather than lifting and pressing.
14. In iPhone Mail you can quickly delete an email in the list by swiping your finger across the item, a small delete button will appear to confirm delete.
15. Airplane mode and Wi-Fi. Enable Airplane Mode then switch on Wi-Fi. Great for Wi-Fi plane trips or in buildings without cell reception.
16. Use the “Edit” button in iPhone Mail to select multiple emails for deletion or to move emails to a specific folder.